2.0 cold air intake

Hi Gents, need advice!

I need help here, I hate how my 2.0 petrol (R20A3) engine sounds, well if I can even say "sounds" as the engine is as quiet as a Nissan Leaf! :sad:I would be ever so grateful if anyone would point me in the right direction, either someone who has installed a cold air intake to a 2.0 or if not, which air intake to buy?

Note: The engine seems to be really similar, if not the same, to my previous 1.8 civic (R18A2) engine I had.
Please see attached.

236410676_1549254498750500_5971501385914189396_n.jpg

235259356_1549254432083840_5083464443362544299_n.jpg

Hi...welcome to the Club

Most aftermarket air cleaner and intake systems will fit with the correct hoses.

Do make sure you get a cold air intake system so as not to draw hot underbonnet air which will actually decrease the power from the engine

• 1 year later...

Generally Oil base filter like KNN cause engine wear much faster because of inferior filtration. 

Cold air intake does nothing in performance because your intake is still from the engine bay. If you can channel direct air from outside the car, that will be a real cool air intake. Most modern car already place the inlet air from the edge of the engine hood, the coolest part in the engine.  

If you want more power, the best way is ECU tuning. Most cars can have 3 degree advance base timing. Some OBD2 scanner can do that like Honda dealership or SnapOn. You can just ask the mechanics to add 3 degree advance from standard. 

Edited by JohnD