2008 FRV remote key fob not working

Scottcc10

Hi folks I'm new to Honda but just got an FRV which I'm now loving, but I've got the 2 original keys which unlock and start the car manually, but neither of which unlock the car remotely ( which Is annoying for me cause I've got 4 kids so always got my hands full ) 

I just replaced both key batteries and one of the keys emits the little led light when pressed and one doesn't l, so I've been using the one with the working led for the investigation purposes.

I've tried to do the key programming mode that I seen a member post about on here but that didn't work.

I'm at the point where I don't know where else I should be looking, but I've booked for a mobile motor locksmiths to come out tomorrow to look at it.

So, without Me paying £120 tomorrow for a new key to be programmed, is there something else I can try that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance 

Hi....welcome to the Club

If you have replaced the batteries and also tried the recoding then it may be an issue with the central locking system but if the locksmith is coming out then if he cannot programme a new key it may well be the control unit.

Let us know how you get on with it