Offered

Msmithfrv

There was a post on the old Honda Karma / H-Tune forums about this. Unfortunately those forums are no longer online but from memory the overall comment was that it's a good buy just a few things to watch out for:

• corrosion by the rear wheel arches
  • rear brakes binding
  • there may have been one other thing that escapes me. It may have only been relevant to a certain subset like the diesel or automatic versions

My own comments:

• power steering can start whining. Usually replacing the o-rings and fluid does the trick, if so this is a cheap repair
  • (petrol, manual) if it hasn't had a replacement clutch, chances are it will need one around 80,000-120,000 miles.
  • They tend to hold their value relatively well
  • (petrol model) check if it has an OEM catalytic converter. If so this is a target so ensure it's protected and/or marked. Some local police forces are doing this for free, either at a 'drop in' session or through the Honda dealers - in my area both have been offered. If it's a non-original replacement, it's less likely to be targeted as it's not worth very much to the thieves

Hope this helps, good luck with it

• Thanks 1