Honda dealers wheel damage insurance

Charles F

Hi, I am a new model Jazz owner, which I bought in the summer. As part of the deal, the dealer insisted that I took out some of their extra insurances, one of which was repairs to cosmetic alloy wheel damage insurance. Now I know from experience how easy it is to scuff alloys and it wasn’t too expensive, so I agreed. Anyway unfortunately we did manage to scuff a wheel on a curb, but then I thought, no worries, I have the insurance. I got in touch, had approval for the repair and the guy turned up as agreed. So far so efficient. However, as the repair guy apologetically pointed out to me, the silver bits on my smart black and silver alloys are in fact not alloy at all but plastic. Therefore, those bits, the most prominent and therefore first to be scuffed, are not covered by the insurance and he would not even attempt a repair as it would probably make things worse. I am not a happy bunny and have taken this up with the dealership. As of now they have not responded.

So for fellow latest model Jazz owners, warning your alloy wheels may not be all the specification suggests and, more generally, be very careful before taking out alloy wheel damage insurance.

Edited by Charles F
I wanted to a couple of sentences
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

When I ordered my Jazz Crosstar I signed up for this too. After checking all the T&Cs associated with it I asked the dealer to cancel it, which they did. I'm quite a careful driver but thought to myself it would probably be the same price to buy a new wheel if it got damaged rather than relying on insurance companies to sort it out. My sympathies are with you and I hope you reach some accommodation with the dealer in the end.