CRV infotainment system faults

phil bannister

I am owner of a 2015 honda crv.....the infotainment system has stopped working (just get the Honda brand logo and a small spinning wheel - looks like its searching for something).

I have taken it into the Honda dealer (Listers Northampton) and they say nothing can be done other than replacing the unit, and are quoting me £3,500 for this.

Has anyone come across this before or am I being taken for  ride?!

Thanks

Phil

hi phil more details please, does your system have sat-nav if so does it work off dvd rom disc ? or is it just radio/cd unit ? I have Accord so am not familier with the crv but others on here might be able to help given a little more info.  Good luck.

Hi Phil,

I had problem with my mk v11 Accord sat-nav, but mine is run from a dvd rom disc - that`s why I asked ! Mine was a simple fix - forced download - £3500 is a sick joke ! I replaced my complete centre display which is 6 disc cd and radio head unit plus all the air con controls and much more - the complete centre head unit, bought off eBay used for around £45 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and swapped it myself - not a big job to replace it. hate to think what Honda would charge !! Is it the complete system that has stopped working ? radio,cd, aux socket etc., ?? If you could give a more detailed account of what happened I am sure someone will help, 

I am not familiar with the crv system Lets hope someone on here has more info on the crv - Good luck

Jim   

Hi Phil, my Accord did not have or need a code - previous cars I have owned did - I don`t know if your crv will need one or not ! Check with your handbook if you have one - or you could take all the details from the unit itself but you would need to remove it to do that - Contact Honda head office with your vin number Honda SHOULD know from that !  or contact a car stereo fitting company to ask their advice. If you source a unit elsewhere, if its a company they should know if you do or not, sorry I can`t help any more than that.

Good luck

Jim