Power steering leak Metal Hose/Tube

Almach99

Power steering leak Metal Hose/Tube Honda Accord 2.0. 

I have whining noise, check with my garage - Power Steering pump, although he top up fluid and no noise anymore. Unfortunately this lasted few days only. So back to garage today. Get car on lift - couldn't find any leak, no on pump, no on racks. Finally leak was detected on metal pipe (tube) mounted before radiator. Photo attached.

How to find OEM number for this part. Couldn't even find a proper name of this part.

IMG_20211001_094738 (1).jpg

You should be able to bypass this tube as its only used for cooling (which is obviously important in hot weather and also when the steering is heavily used) but have done this on my BMW Z3 many years ago as a stop-gap and am still running it without issue.

As Trevor says, You can by-pass it, or, as it is on the low pressure side, you could bend up some 10-12mm tubing (can't remember what size off the top of my head) and make your own version.

I did the same in 10mm aluminium tube work on a car, it was still there when I sold the car about 3 years later with no problems.

It does not have to be an exact version, it could just be a 'U' version of the tube. 

I am told this is quite a common fault.

Edited by Mr.B Accord