1992 Honda Civic distribuor needed!

jillythekid

Hello!  I am posting on behalf of my friend who has a K reg. 1992 Honda Civic SI. Auto.   It began to have trouble starting when it was hot & now has given up altogether!  It used to start immediately once it had cooled down!  He has found out that it is the distributor that is the problem but is having difficulty sourcing this part.  Is there anybody who can help with this?  I will give more details if you contact me re. this problem.  Thank you Jill

• 3 weeks later...

when i owned my EG civics, warm starting issue was mostly down to main relay failure (usually dry joints which simply need soldering). the relay itself is just a single bolt to the right of the driver footwell. parking up stopping at shops for instance, i had trouble re-starting but once cold, fine...

If you do end up needing a distributor or distributor parts, I used to use a company called Probe Distributors. Quick search online and this looks like the closest match. 90% sure this would be them, pretty sure they were Essex based. 

Probe Distributors

Address:
4 Bridge Cottage Upminster RM14 3QP United Kingdom

Tel: