Leather X Alston on the new HRV: any details ?

BertoniBertone

I've got a deposit for the MY 2021/22 HRV and wishing to avoid that bi-colour roof I've opted for the 'Advance'. I'd prefer the 'AS' light grey interior but noted that you can get an alternative brown or black 'Leather X Alston' interior for the (very ...ahem) reasonable cost of £ 1700.00. This option is secreted amongst 'accessories' on the configurator. 

Does anyone have any idea what this like, what it is, had any experience of it directly or anecdotally....?  I'm drawing a complete blank on 't'internet so far.

I know you'll say: "just get the Advance Style".... but I can't abide how they've simply painted a line across the 'C' pillar and call it a bi-colour roof.  See Mini or Evoque/Velar to see how it's done properly, Messrs Honda. Plus, I really don't want nor like Honda's idea of roof rails on this HRV. I just like the purity of its looks in a mono-colour.   

(PS. What happened to the pan roof, BTW ?🤨

• 2 weeks later...

Decisions, decisions !!!

I would probably be in the same situation as you and not sure whether it warrants the upgrade costs or whether I could live with the standard configuration.

Panoramic roofs have been dropped on a lot of manufacturer's offerings recently due to supply issues and they also put the vehicle into the next Co2 emissions level (e.g. higher tax and duties, etc)

23 hours ago, Trevor said:

Decisions, decisions !!!

I would probably be in the same situation as you and not sure whether it warrants the upgrade costs or whether I could live with the standard configuration.

Panoramic roofs have been dropped on a lot of manufacturer's offerings recently due to supply issues and they also put the vehicle into the next Co2 emissions level (e.g. higher tax and duties, etc)

23 hours ago, Trevor said:

Thanks for reply. 

On balance, it's probably not too clever shelling out £ 1.7 K on an interior of a car which.....so far....has had a surprisingly lukewarm reception recently from AutoExpress, WhatCar and TopGear.  It's the "mooing what does it"....apparently. 

My deposit is refundable on the strength of a test drive and, on the face of it, it looks like when you put the HRV into a more dynamic environment like a M- or A-road that 1.5 litre 4-pot needs a thorough thrashing to keep up. Would this HRV have been better with an additional 'S' offering with the 1.5 turbo found in the Civic ? I suspect so.

Shame: the 'serial' hybridity is an appealing and clever idea in the urban/suburban environment.....but it looks seriously challenged by '4-up', a bootful of luggage and a motorway thrash. My November test-drive will reveal all..... 🙂

• Like 1

I certainly will. I've only ever bought a car once on the strength of a car review (I'm talking about you 'Car' magazine) and that was way back when in 2002....and vowed never again. The car was returned to BMW after 6 months and chopped in for a straight-six...which was what I should have bought in the first place....   

Anyways, one man's 'mooing' might be very different from another.  Fingers crossed the HRV can deal with the cut & thrust of faster roads and won't get bullied by quicker traffic....which is what happens when we borrow the Mother-in-law's  '07 Merc B170 (complete with its own CVT....).