Bring the FRV back?

Anthony

Hi Lads,

Im probably going to get lots of biased opinions posting here but I wanted to guage if there is an appetite for bringing the FRV back? 

I love my FRV but is kinda old and falling apart and I would absolutely love to see one in a new or near-new condition (unfortunately there is none in Ireland). 

Also with the popularity of cross overs "SUV's" I think with a little style change and slightly higher suspension the FRV would make the absolute megga cross over?!?

So, any opinions?? 

Is there any other FRV fans out there and if so, how many?

🤓🤓

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's indeed a pretty brilliant design ; it's not as good as the Multipla (have had two) in some key respects (latter has better side visibility, better exterior mirrors for parking, better seating positions, especially for longer leg drivers, and its throttle position is more comfortable) but is of immeasurably better quality, the Multipla requiring - for example - frequent front-suspension triangle replacement, they suffer from bi-mass flywheel issues etc and the general reliability is poor.

The only downside of the 2.2 Diesel is it's very thirsty.

Over here (France) you can still get circa 100.000 km FR-V's for around 6-7k€

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, MontpellierVanMan said:

Over here (France) you can still get circa 100.000 km FR-V's for around 6-7k€

Wow!  that's big money and I guess because it is a diesel engine that it is more desirable in France, not so much the case in the UK though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I just think Honda Capitilise on the CAR/SUV crossover hype as the FRV really is the best of both worlds and then some with the extra seat.

I did do some digging and looks like you can get nearly new (Sub 50k kiloms) in from Japan, but your talking €4-5k for the car and another €4-5k for delivery/registration etc.