Re-map petrol CR-V?

Phillip

Hello All,

New to the forum but not to the 3rd gen CR-V - I owned an EX petrol auto until it was written off in 2019. I replaced it with a 2WD Volvo XC60, with the 2.0 version of the D5 diesel engine - the reason I went this route is because we were doing about 18k miles per year;  it made sense to go with the Volvo as we were forced to replace the car anyway, and it ticked the fuel economy box better than a diesel CR-V. I also fancied trying something different, and I had heard good things about Volvo.

2+ years on....driving pattern has changed (now under 7k miles per year and likely to stay that way), and the Volvo has never been as good as the CR-V in many areas; the build quality is poorer than I was expecting, the ride harsher and the gearbox not so smooth. I'm thinking of coming back to a 3rd Gen CR-V, and possibly a petrol one, as at that sort of annual mileage would make more sense for a petrol one.

I do tow a caravan - my 'van is 1500KG and I did tow it with the petrol CR-V (so maxxed out in terms of the towing limit) - surprisingly the CR-V outfit was more stable than the current XC60 combination, despite the XC60 having more weight and power. For the amount I tow (under 1K miles per year), a petrol would be acceptable - if I was touring Europe with it then it wouldn't!

Day-to-day solo driving, I can live with the engine power available in the 2.0 petrol - it suits my driving style for that type of car. SUVs are not sports cars and I don't drive them like that. However, a bit more power for towing would be useful. I've done some web searching and there are re-maps available for a 3rd Gen petrol CR-V; the difference is another 13BHP and and 14Nm of torque.

So, my question is: has anyone on this forum re-mapped their 2.0 petrol auto CR-V and did it feel much different?

TIA

Phillip