Dashboard buzzing sound

Pee Gee

Hi all, I've had my 2015 CR-V idtec (2.2) since April, and as the weather has got colder the dash makes some very strange sounds that last for about 45 seconds, this is without starting, just opening the door and sitting down. Does anyone know what it is? It's some sort of electrical sound and seems louder the colder it is! Thanks. Phil.

19 hours ago, Trevor said:

It could be the heater flaps re-indexing or other system relays (timer) to prime the engine (fuel, intake, etc)

I have read something similar so hopefully it's normal, it is quite loud sometimes though, although it does go after a short time. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:59 AM, Pee Gee said:

I have read something similar so hopefully it's normal, it is quite loud sometimes though, although it does go after a short time. Thanks.

And yesterday which was a mild morning the sound was noticeably quieter, so definitely affected more by the cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Trevor said:

Tolerance clearances have changed with the temperature I guess.....at least you'll know how cold it is by the level of noise the car makes 🙂

So it seems I don't need to put the seat heaters on if the dash doesn't buzz loudly!😁 As it happens it didn't happen at all during the summer.

3 minutes ago, Pee Gee said:

So it seems I don't need to put the seat heaters on if the dash doesn't buzz loudly!😁 As it happens it didn't happen at all during the summer.

🙂  I guess you could introduce some silicon spray into the linkages, flaps, etc if possible to quieten it down?