Engine mounts for 2008 FR-V LHD

Daniel Borgenicht

Hi,

I own a 2008 FR-V 1.8 Trend automatic 4-spd, LHD.  I'm looking to source new engine mounts, but prefer purchasing from a garage/mechanic/supplier to ensure I'm buying the correct items.  I've done some research online, but the best I can find is this:  https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/FR-V/2008/18-1.8-TREND/BODY-PARTS/ENGINE-MOUNTS-18L--AT-/17SJD501/B__4704/6/20644.

The above link displays 23 parts, and I have no idea what's right to order.  Any recommendations of a garage/mechanic/supplier who could help me would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Daniel

• 1 year later...
Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

Daniel Borgenicht was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

Hi Trevor,

Sorry, I'm about 1 year late in replying.  The engine made a loud droning sound and a constant vibration was felt in the steering wheel.

I ended up buying 3 engine mounts from https://www.parts-honda.uk/ but that turned out to be a mistake.  I found a mechanic who agreed to install the parts I bought, and he indeed confirmed the engine was noisy and vibrating.  But, he pointed out, the mount that was shot was the mount on the front right side of the engine bay.  This mount was not included in the 3 I bought online.

I ended up paying him a princely sum for the 4th mount which he sourced locally.  At least now the engine is quiet and vibration free.

If you need pics of anything, feel free to reach me at daniel.borgenicht@gmail.com.

• Like 1

Ah that is just typical its always the last one you come to thats the only one that needed changing...the law according to sod !

If you could upload some photos that would be great as it sounds like it could be a common fault and handy to reference for other members with this issue

Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

Daniel Borgenicht was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

Hi Everyone,

Please see the following page to reference the parts in question:

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/FR-V/2008/18-1.8-TREND/BODY-PARTS/ENGINE-MOUNTS-18L--AT-/17SJD501/B__4704/6/20644

I bought the 3 parts with green arrows: 8, 9, 6.  I should have also bought part number 5 (blue arrow), which was the main offender. 

In fact, my mechanic told me part number 5 was the only part that really needed replacement.

image.thumb.png.7b41f4d690d3dc5ac702eab1300438c8.png

Edited by Daniel Borgenicht
  • Like 1