Tourer 2.4 automatic cold stalling problem

Morrisman68

Our '04 Accord Tourer has taken to stalling when cold, though the symptoms are odd. It starts on the button, idles, allows drive to be selected and then often stalls when halted, typically at a junction, and then prior to/just as one is trying to pull out. It then re-starts fairly happily, though not always.

Our local man cleaned the inlet duct and found and replaced a faulty coolant temperature sensor, but the problem persists. The inlet duct has been smoke checked for leaks and found to be in order. The only hint so far is that the car has clearly not had a full service for some time, and live monitoring suggests some misfiring.

A deep service is booked but I wonder if the experts might have any wise words, please?

Many thanks!

Hi Morrisman68 .....welcome to the Club

My first thoughts would be idle control valve and inlet system....second thoughts were Coolant Temp Sensor.

Since both have now been eliminated then I would recommend the replacement of all filters, fluids (especially engine oil as this can lower compressions if diluted or degraded over the years) and ignition components (e.g.  spark plugs)

Go from there and see what else occurs