Advice Please

Bil65

Hi I’m within a couple of days of ordering the new mid range advance HRV

Ive previously had two Cr-v and initially looked at that model but found it pricey

I see that reviews are stating the Hrv is underpowered and noisy so any comments re this would be appreciated 

Also the dealers only have two colours in stock so it is hard to select suitable paint

The online photos aren’t great but I’m between meteoroid grey and crystal red

Any comments/advice re the above and interior space would be appreciated 

Hi Bil65 ..... welcome to the Club

I have also heard the HR-V is underpowered and noisy but definitely fit for purpose (unless you intend to tow a caravan, etc).

Colour is definitely a personal choice and to be honest I would look at the one you 'could live with' as opposed to the most desirable colour (especially with lack of new car availability at this time)

Let us know how it all pans out

6 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Hi Bil65 ..... welcome to the Club

I have also heard the HR-V is underpowered and noisy but definitely fit for purpose (unless you intend to tow a caravan, etc).

Colour is definitely a personal choice and to be honest I would look at the one you 'could live with' as opposed to the most desirable colour (especially with lack of new car availability at this time)

Let us know how it all pans out

Cheers I drive quite conservatively so don’t anticipate a problem given what I’ve read since posting 

• Like 1

Quick update……test drive of HRV advance went will and placed order. Delivery in March 

Only slight negative I had with the car was the lack of a proper middle seat in the rear

my wife whose 5ft5 head touched the roof due to the raised base in the middle of the seat

After thinking about it we decided it wasn’t a deal breaker and ordered 

4 hours ago, Bil65 said:

Quick update……test drive of HRV advance went will and placed order. Delivery in March 

Only slight negative I had with the car was the lack of a proper middle seat in the rear

my wife whose 5ft5 head touched the roof due to the raised base in the middle of the seat

After thinking about it we decided it wasn’t a deal breaker and ordered 

So no Mohicans in the rear then! Which colour did you opt for?  A friend has an HR-V and loves it.

2 hours ago, Bil65 said:

I went for meteoroid grey, it was between this and crystal red

was pleasantly surprised with test drive . It was very smooth and handled really well

That's a really nice colour, and the kind that always looks good, unlike some colours that seem to age a car quickly. I've never had a Honda until I got the CR-V, which I basically got when we adopted a greyhound, a big boot with lots of headroom!

10 hours ago, Pee Gee said:

That's a really nice colour, and the kind that always looks good, unlike some colours that seem to age a car quickly. I've never had a Honda until I got the CR-V, which I basically got when we adopted a greyhound, a big boot with lots of headroom!

I’ve had two CRv. The first one a mid range manual petrol was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. The second a top of the range black edition auto looked fantastic and had a quality interior however had none of the great driving experience of the cheaper model

i considered going for another Crv but decided due to economise and buy the cheaper HRV eHev

37 minutes ago, Bil65 said:

I’ve had two CRv. The first one a mid range manual petrol was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. The second a top of the range black edition auto looked fantastic and had a quality interior however had none of the great driving experience of the cheaper model

i considered going for another Crv but decided due to economise and buy the cheaper HRV eHev

Because I like driving automatic cars I initially tried an auto petrol CR-V but found it just a bit sluggish so I opted for the diesel with the older 2.2 engine. I may be wrong but I felt the vehicle is just a bit too big for a 1.6 diesel. Also the maintenance, which I mostly do myself, is easier on the 2.2, and it has excellent pulling power. I bet you can't wait til March!

• Like 1