FRV central locking intermittent issue

Kessar

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my FRV where the central locking won't open unless I press the key fob several times. I hear the noise and interior lights turn on but quickly go off and all the doors and boot remain locked. After several presses it eventually opens, when it does the noise (possibly an actuator) is slightly different. Any thoughts? 

I have no idea I'm afraid but have you tried unlocking the doors with the key rather than pressing the remote control buttons?

There is a feature (at least on mine) that seems to be intended to guard against accidentally unlocking the car. If you unlock the doors and then don't open any door within a set time (I think it's a few minutes) it locks itself again. Perhaps that timer has gone wrong? (Unfortunately I have no idea where it is or how it works/how to troubleshoot/replace it)

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, it does the exact same with the key in the door too and with the spare key. 

I did search elsewhere and it seems CRV's had issues with the door actuator so wondering if it's the same with FRV's. 

Having to leave it unlocked at the moment 😬

I've seen people posting online (even on this forum I think) about problems with FR-V central locking. But usually the symptom is that one door will not lock or unlock, rather than all doors unlocking and then immediately locking again.

The actuators are obviously one per door so usually only one door is affected at a time - although once one goes the others can start to go too, it's unlikely they would all start playing up on exactly the same day.

Good luck with it - hope you manage to sort it out.

Edited by ec5780
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update, we figured out when it unlocks and locks again you have a split second to try to open the door. Now the festive period is over the issue has magically resolved itself so will need to see if it reappears before booking in to a garage.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have this same issue. Did you get it resolved?

The problem even presents while driving. The doors spontaneously lock by themselves over and over again like someone is playing with the key fob.

Cold/Wet weather seems to make it worse. Any help welcome