clock display

Baz

Hi all,

i noticed last night that the clock on my 2007 ictdi 2.2 series 3 started to have a mind of its own and as started to display differant times despite having reset everything its fine until the ignition is on or engine started strange that this as just come about as we go into 2022 may be related?? any idea's welcome.

3 hours ago, Baz said:

Hi all,

i noticed last night that the clock on my 2007 ictdi 2.2 series 3 started to have a mind of its own and as started to display differant times despite having reset everything its fine until the ignition is on or engine started strange that this as just come about as we go into 2022 may be related?? any idea's welcome.

Is your 12v battery in top condition? It's surprising how many areas of a car can be affected by a poor battery.

Hi Baz / Pee Gee, I have exactly the same problem with mine started Sunday. Does the clock work from Hondas GPS signal transmitter. Although I have deselected the Auto for GPS and still the same issue. I might have to call Honda, does anyone know the number of a helpline.

its nothing to do with the GPS its a software issue i rang my honda dealer earlier to speak to the workshop manager but he was to busy i was told they have two cars in already with the same fault that they are messing about with, i was also told i would have to book my car in as they may have to take the radio out but why should i have to pay for that when its not my fault, i will ring them later and see if i can talk to worshop manager and see if they have come up with a solution, if not i will tell them why this problem accured.

update. this is a world wide issue and do not pay for diagnostic! Honda know but possibly wont admit to it?

3 hours ago, Pompey Andy said:

Hi Baz / Pee Gee, I have exactly the same problem with mine started Sunday. Does the clock work from Hondas GPS signal transmitter. Although I have deselected the Auto for GPS and still the same issue. I might have to call Honda, does anyone know the number of a helpline.

Helpline 03452008000

let me know how you get on

no its not that, the GPS time and date are correct been sent to the vehicle antenna but the software is not retaining it in the radio/satnav it returns to jan 1st by default i can set the time on my clock with ignition on Auxiliary or engine running and no probs at all but as soon as you turn ignition off and back on again the clock as a mind of its own, in the States Honda USA are aware of the problem and Maybe?? a fix by August 2022 but nothing from Honda UK as yet, as far as i know the software was windows CE done for Honda by a third party and Honda never saw this one coming, hope this helps.

12 hours ago, Pompey Andy said:

Great thanks for the update, I think i could live with it if the clock wasn't so large when the SatNav isn't on. I guess I'll need to have the radio display on 🙂

even the radio will display time i always have my radio on and rely on the clock when out and about as i done wear a watch, it does my head now looking at the wrong time it needs to be sorted ASAP

This might be the kick up the backside I needed to change the unit in my 2011 EX CRV.

If anyone has any recommendations that will be compatible and still retain all functionality. Reversing camera, steering wheel controls, subwoofer, usb in glove box etc. it would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Macblack82 said:

This might be the kick up the backside I needed to change the unit in my 2011 EX CRV.

If anyone has any recommendations that will be compatible and still retain all functionality. Reversing camera, steering wheel controls, subwoofer, usb in glove box etc. it would be much appreciated.

i'll have look and see what i can find will post when i do

I have the same problem, happened Sunday I thought it was just thought it was my 2007 CRV, However, after speaking to my brother and neighbour who all have the same model they all experienced the same issue on the same day. I will keep a watch on the forum, but. If anyone hears of a fix please let me know. Many Thanks

Hi, I have the same issue with my 2012 CR-V EX, first time out this year noticed the clock was at 1pm, every time I knock the ignition off/restart, it reverts back to 1pm…?

Reading some of your comments do you think it’s since we turned over a new year…? I’m going to contact my local dealer and see if they’ve had other owners with the same issue….Strange.

From what I have now read it appears that Honda are very well aware of the problem so perhaps we all should contact Honda and pester them until they get their assess into gear and resolve it FREE OF CHARGE because it is not our fault, but the fault of the operating system the Honda developers used for the system!

In the meantime I have bought a small digital clock that sits in front of the dash display just under the centre. I have the display for the entertainment centre on audio or SatNav so the time cannot be seen.

I have the problem and spoke to my Honda dealer today. The service guy I spoke to has a CRV and has the problem himself. It is the satellite changed its time format on jan 2 and that caused it. He says if you look at the time at the gps (i don’t know how to do that) it is correct but it gets reset when it gets into the unit. He also mentioned that the USA were looking at August for a fix but the UK there is nothing yet. He suggested that it would not be fixed by Honda but there are some clever people out there who may do it.

I would not be adverse to buying an OEM unit but would want one that swapped in easily. I had one on my mark 2 but it was all a bodge not a proper replacement.

I would be interested if anyone finds a suitable replacement. I have looked on eBay and I am not impressed.  

Surely though this IS a problem for Honda to rectify at no charge? It is their developers and their system which has caused this to happen. They cannot blame a GPS satellite for being the cause which shows the correct time when it downloads but then that correct time sent from the satellite is altered once it reaches their navigation/entertainment centre! PURE LOGIC.

Come on Honda - Do you think we CR-V owners are all fools? Its more than enough to prevent anyone from buying one and I certainly won't if this is not rectified free of charge AND SOON!

i rang my local dealer name begining with V and asked to speak to worshop manager woman on switchboard asked what the problem was i said a clock issue oh she said we have two in already with that problem you will have to book it in and pay as they may have to take the unit out or the head off, but you could try disconnecting battery for 1hr i said that wont cure it i will ring back later and see if they have sorted the issue ( knowing full well myself what the issue was ) rang back later to speak to worshop manager telling her i know what the problem is? oh she said he is on dinner break i will get Jason to phone you back on your Number that was on tuesday you guessed it i'm still waiting so much for customer service i wont be using them again and they are 10min walk away.

• 2 weeks later...

Have 2008 CR-V 2.2 cdti ex, similar clock problems with Mk3 nav unit. At first, noticed every time engine started clock would default to 1 p.m. and run OK until engine restart. I tried resetting clock one day at 2-45 p.m. and clock now defaults to that time at each engine start. So, whatever is happeninng, it picks the last time entered in the time setting as the default start time. I have seen all the posts from US owners on this issue that say it is a software issue relating to Y2K22 that erroneously resets the date to 2002 when it changed from 2021 to 2022. Honda (US?) say that should be corrected via the sat link to the vehicle by August 22. Not sure that is the same as my issue though since my unit does not display the year anyway, unless I'm missing where to check that. I think Mk2 nav units do have a calender.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Pompey Andy said:

This issue has been fixed by Honda, my clock is working fine again now.

Just tried mine (Gen 3 2007 EX) and its still acting like the fools in Honda who are responsible for using an outside tech company using Windows CE programming for the software design. In will NEVER buy another Honda of any type!