CR-V Sat Nav error message: "currently a disc has been inserted which is older than the downloaded program. Please check the disc version"

JD68

Hi, any advice on how to solve this would be much appreciated, as I imagine it will cost me a few quid to sort it.

Brief synopsis: The car is an 11 reg plate and as one who drives around loads with the job I was getting sick of road layouts being different in reality to what the sat nav still thought. I purchased a newer disc (eBay, sorry!) and it worked fine for quite some time. It then began to produce an error and told me to contact the manufacturer.

As that wasn't expensive I don't mind binning it (I thought!) and took it out and replaced it with the original, which had caused no issues other than being a decade out of date.

However, on entering this disc, all I get is the above message for a few seconds and then my display goes blank/black.

Has anybody else had this and perhaps found out a fix for it that they are prepared to share please?

Thanks.

Edited by JD68

Hi I had some problems but with the alpine unit on a 2005 crv, I did a hard reboot by pulling the power leads for ten minutes when you reconnect it should reboot system and GPS , there is a guy in North London that fixes honda sat navs he had an add on E bay 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently everything updated to the 2018 disc I put in, so the old one won't work again in my vehicle. Honda told me to take it in and for £155 they will instill an up to date disc. That will have to wait for another day. The 2018 disc has worked fine again for the last couple of weeks but that's now obviously tempting fate!

Hi well good news , I have an update disc for my 2005 crv but the maps are 2019 but my head unit won't read it honda wants £250 for there disc which is out of date any way of do I pay the alpine engineer £150 to fit a new laser so it will read the out of date update 

• 3 months later...

Hi see my post earlier  ( to Sue I think ) on how to "force download" to restore an earlier disc - mine is 2005 version 2.1 but if it works on yours it saves paying out cash when you can do it yourself for nowt !

If you can`t find the earlier post - let me know and I will re-post it to you, its a bit fiddley but hey if it works !

• Like 1