DPF nightmare!

Sean1969

I am hoping someone can help me please, I have a 2012 Honda CRV and I have a DPF light with exclamation mark on, RAC said the car has already done a regeneration and doesn’t need a forced regeneration but the computer hasn’t realised and turned the warning light off. Has any one had any experience of this and any solutions. I took it for a DPF diagnostic and they said the light went off but came back on instantly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 7 months later...

After numerous garages failed to sort the problem I took it to a man I found on Facebook, it turned out it was a computer problem. I think he rebooted the system and cleared the fault and I haven’t had any problem since. If you live near the Sheffield area I can give you his name. I was also advised not to use cruise control anymore as this adds to the problem.

Thanks Sean. I stay in Glasgow so a bit out the way. I phoned Honda and they confirmed the car requires a software update (something to do with the exhaust emissions I think) so I'm hoping this is the reason it is not regenerating properly and clearing the fault. It goes in on Thursday so will update you on it.