Stolen Catalytic Converter

FRV London

After 15 years of owning the FR-V in London, my catalytic converter was stolen yesterday.

Really pissed off. Having seen a post from here the uk.hondaownersclub.com. I've bought a replacement from https://catman.co.uk/

I'm not a mechanic, so hopefully it will have all the bits I need. Then its just another waiting game, as it might get stolen again.

Is this be coming more common?

Picture1.jpg.04631be5b08a3cd6f237b920f7a9e502.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FRV London said:

After 15 years of owning the FR-V in London, my catalytic converter was stolen yesterday.

Really pissed off. Having seen a post from here the uk.hondaownersclub.com. I've bought a replacement from https://catman.co.uk/

I'm not a mechanic, so hopefully it will have all the bits I need. Then its just another waiting game, as it might get stolen again.

Is this be coming more common?

Picture1.jpg.04631be5b08a3cd6f237b920f7a9e502.jpg

I've been a member on a Lexus forum for many years and sadly this issue is one of the most common. It's a massive market and most criminals operate in threes, very often with weapons. The whole process only takes 90 seconds. Many owners are having "catlocs" fitted which will deter them as it greatly increases the time it takes to access the cat.

It's not likely that the replacement catalytic converter will get stolen again.

The replacement ones are not worth anything near as much, and they look distinctively different so the thieves wouldn't bother.

From the photo, looks like the lambda sensors were taken as well. Please post back here to report how it goes.

With ours the replacement catalytic converter started to trip the yellow engine management light after about 3 months. Still not sure what to do about it.