Sat Nav disc

SusanA

Hello all

I've got a 2005 Honda Accord Automatic 2.4 saloon.

The display consul is not working. The disc can be inserted but it just says ' Disc not reading' or something like that. I can only get the A/C screen to work.

Any suggestions, please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, try a "disc cleaner" inserted into unit, its possible the laser reader is dirty - run it a few times then put nav disc back in and try again AND/OR

1/ run the engine and don`t turn off !

2/ insert nav disc

3/ press MENU + ZOOM (down arrow) together and hold for a few seconds till you get "disc error" on diplay

4/ on screen display select SYSTEM LINK

5/ select NEXT (opens CAR STATUS page)

6/ press NEXT (opens YAW RATE page)

7/ press NEXT (opens DIAGNOSIS MENU page)

8/ select UNIT CHECK

9/ select FORCE DOWNLOAD

10/ screen goes blank

11/ message appears - Please Wait. Now downloading software, then "please do not switch off engine"

12/ the progress bar will appear ( Green Bar) 

13/ after a while the Honda Main Navigation Screen should re-appear

14/ message appears - The System Provides Route Information .... etc

15/ press OK

16/ on completion your download will operate and map, you may have to drive your car around for a short while, this allows the unit to "pick up" signal.

That`s it - if this does not work, the laser unit (eye) could be faulty ! This worked on my car and occasionally I have to re-run the above (I think condensation can cause this also) 

I know it sounds a little long winded but like I said, it worked on my car - I also bought a version 2011 update disc, that is the latest disc that Honda made.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go on.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 6:21 PM, jimbojim said:

Hi, try a "disc cleaner" inserted into unit, its possible the laser reader is dirty - run it a few times then put nav disc back in and try again AND/OR

2/ insert nav disc

3/ press MENU + ZOOM (down arrow) together and hold for a few seconds till you get "disc error" on diplay

8/ select UNIT CHECK

9/ select FORCE DOWNLOAD

10/ screen goes blank

11/ message appears - Please Wait. Now downloading software, then "please do not switch off engine"

15/ press OK

16/ on completion your download will operate and map, you may have to drive your car around for a short while, this allows the unit to "pick up" signal.

That`s it - if this does not work, the laser unit (eye) could be faulty ! This worked on my car and occasionally I have to re-run the above (I think condensation can cause this also) 

I know it sounds a little long winded but like I said, it worked on my car - I also bought a version 2011 update disc, that is the latest disc that Honda made.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go on.

hi Mate, please see pic attached, it doesn't change within 10 minutes, what do you think the problem is?

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 12.01.46.png

• Like 1

Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

jimbojim was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 30 points.

Hi, I had similar problem just the one time, it took ages to "pick up signal" all I can say is be patient - try driving around away from a built up area, at least you got this far and it is recognising the disc - so looking promising !

If it repeatedly shows the same screen - try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so, maybe overnight, pain in the bum I know but sometimes it pays to persevere.

After that I don`t know to be honest.

Good luck

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, SusanA said:

Hello all

I've got a 2005 Honda Accord Automatic 2.4 saloon.

The display consul is not working. The disc can be inserted but it just says ' Disc not reading' or something like that. I can only get the A/C screen to work.

Any suggestions, please?

Are you using a genuine DVD or is it a copied one?

2/ insert nav disc

8/ select UNIT CHECK

9/ select FORCE DOWNLOAD

10/ screen goes blank

15/ press OK

I know it sounds a little long winded but like I said, it worked on my car - I also bought a version 2011 update disc, that is the latest disc that Honda made for my car, your car is the FaceLift Accord, the later version disc 3.xx BUT that disc went faulty after around one month - I think it was a copy - SO I reverted back to my genuine original disc that came with the car which is version 2.1

Hope this helps, let me know how you go on and if I can help further I will.

Was the sat nav working OK before your problem ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...