Front shock absorbers FRV

Wouter

Hello everybody,

I am looking for front shock absorbers for my FRV. Where do you buy them? I can only find te oem ones,aftermarket nothing. I read somewhere that the shocks of a certain Civic model might fit. 

Ideas? Tips?

Thanks😁

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, just wondering if the OP managed to find a set of aftermarket front shocks for their FRV? I'm in need of a set of front shock - well, at least I think I do.😅

The car is sounding really rough going over anything other than very smooth tarmac. The springs look fine, Honda has had a look and and think its the bump stop but I don't think it is, as I get the rough noise even on small rough patches of road, not just deep pot holes. I think for the bump stop to be engaged you need to almost be bottoming out the travel on the strut. 

I managed to find a company that will order in a set of Ashika front shocks for me but I've no idea if they're any good. Anyone heard of Ashika shocks?

• 1 month later...
Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

Daniel Borgenicht was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 25 points.

I ended up getting 2 front shocks from Cox Motor Parts (sales@coxmotorparts.co.uk) for £140 each - not bad considering the other prices I was quoted.  However, I was not charged UK VAT as I had them shipped outside the UK.  With UK VAT, they would have been £168 each, still not bad.

I bought aftermarket Daco shocks for the rear from onlinecarparts.co.uk for £28 each - pretty cheap.  The exact model was Daco 551204.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread but can I just ask on the rear shocks, would I be correct in thinking it was just the shock strut?

i.e. Did you have to re-use your existing springs, top mount and bottom eye bushing?

On 12/16/2022 at 11:08 AM, Daniel Borgenicht said:

I ended up getting 2 front shocks from Cox Motor Parts (sales@coxmotorparts.co.uk) for £140 each - not bad considering the other prices I was quoted.  However, I was not charged UK VAT as I had them shipped outside the UK.  With UK VAT, they would have been £168 each, still not bad.

I bought aftermarket Daco shocks for the rear from onlinecarparts.co.uk for £28 each - pretty cheap.  The exact model was Daco 551204.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Anthony