Accord Tourer Type S ride height

Hi. Would anyone know the OEM ride height, specifically at the rear, of the car?

Looking through all the Honda media images when this model was launched there definitely seems to be a decent gap between the top of the tyre and wheel arch. Almost as though the back is lifted a little to cope with occasional load lugging. 

But mine seems the opposite as if the back is lower than the front. (As if the boot is full of junk). It's on its original springs and dampers and there doesn't seem to be any breaks on the coil springs. I've attached a picture of mine as it is today, fuel tank on empty by the way. 

So I wanted to check how far away from original it might be before I go and look at spending money trying to correct things. 

honda-accord_2011_Universals_15102014515_0.jpg

honda-accord_2011_Universals_15102014516_2.jpg

20220309_094237.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a MK V11 estate - on original springs and shocks and yes it is a LOT higher than yours at the back - maybe the springs or shocks are worn ? or has it had different parts fitted prior to you owning it ? Or have you had it since new ? But it sure is low - what is it like with a full load ? I would be concerned it might bottom out !!!! Every Accord I have seen is way higher than that at the back.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So Ive been measuring the heights for the past month or so after it being sat overnight and after use loaded and unloaded.

I've worked it out to the average...

Gap between top of tyre and wheel arch:

Front = 35mm Rear = 10mm

Gap between the jacking location (under the doors) fixed body points.

Front = 160mm Rear = 140mm

So it is definitely sitting down at the rear by at least 20mm according to the jacking locations. 

The other observation is the back of the car is floating when on the move. It feels at odds to front which still seems controlled. 

So Im thinking it needs new springs and dampers at the rear. To correct the ride height and also the floating feeling. 

The drive you describe certainly suggests springs and dampers, also drop links and bushes - has the car always been that low since you have had it ? a previous owner could have been carrying overly heavy loads ! Mine rides a lot higher than yours and that is with loads of stuff in the boot + TWO 18 inch civic type r spare wheels and tyres  (don`t ask) and drives very controlled - so I would certainly get it checked - it seems like something is not right - did it pass a recent MOT ? I would have thought that any problems would have been seen at that point - sorry, I have given more questions than answers but it is a process of elimination without seeing, inspecting or driving the car - Any decent mechanic should be capable of finding your problem and not necessarily Honda - Good luck !

I must admit I never noticed the height when I had it. It was only on 35k so I just assumed there'd be no issues.

I fitted the tow bar so it's never been a tow car before me, and I only tow a light camping trailer. 

Passed all MOTs at Honda without any comments about the suspension, I've checked myself with wheels off and there's no sign of any weeping either.

So yeah like you say previous owner either loaded it to the max (the boot area looked unused though) or something has worn out a bit early. 

Ill start getting quotes for new parts. 

Thanks for the advice and comments. 👍

When I get it sorted I'll post some pictures and measurements to show any difference.