Hi Everyone! Should I buy a 2009 2.2 I-DECT??

Nige

very grateful to be part of this owners club.  I've seen a tidy 2009 Accord 2.2 diesel with just over 100k on the clock well looked after with full SH through Honda.

Keen to get others views if I should buy it?  I hear there are a isolated accounts of dpf issues (but that can affect all modern diesels i suppose!).  If I do proceed, what should I do in the first month of ownership?  is there a top 10 list of dos and don'ts?

again, thank you for having me join the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nige I had a 2010 Accord 2.2 from 90K till 257K with most only normal wear and tear items. It was mostly 130 mile daily trip up and down the A3 and was returning between 45 and 49 mpg . The front shocks go around 120K as that is a heavy lump in the front. They were recalled as the manifolds leaked but that would be in the history. But other than that no problem with mine.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy

thanks for the reply thats really helpful.  I wasn't aware of the manifolds so thanks for that.  Seems this car has been serviced by same Honda garage for many years so I hope all the recalls have been carried out.

Other than that, rock solid car as you would expect for Honda I suppose.

Take care

Nigel