Hello from Romania & Speedometer question

Andrzej

First of all, hello to all members from the forum and thanks for having me on board!

I have an 2009 Accord, CU3, Diesel engine and Manual Transmission, driving as daily car in Ploiesti, Romania.

I've noticed a strange problem lately: the speedometer needle has some strange fluctuations, sometimes it stays stuck at zero for a few seconds, then comes back.
Also, Cruise Control doesn't work properly anymore either, often it can't be activated. And when I do manage to activate it, it disengages instantly when the speedometer fluctuates.

From what I've read on different forums /groups, I've seen some threads with similar problems, but there the speedometer was stuck at zero after changing the clutch or other gearbox interventions.

I scoured the www, found the part number ( OEM 28810rzh004 ) and from now on, the searching for the part will start ...

Here is a link with a video of the anomaly - https://imgur.com/X30QNto

The question would be: has anyone else encountered this problem, on any Honda model - not necessarily Accord CU? Could the dashboard itself also be faulty, or could it be this sensor that is having problems?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Check for broken earth cables connecting from the battery negative terminal to the gearbox/engine and other associated wiring as excess engine movement could be affecting the connection?