OBD reader recommendations

Hi,

I'm after a suggestion for a cost effective decent OBD reader device that will tell me the  engine management symbol codes on my Honda Accord?

The engine light came on for a few hours today while travelling in Wales. Strangely it went off when we got back into England.  Car seemed to drive as normal with no obvious symptoms. 

But before I take it to the garage I'd like to check what it might be related to...A) in case I can DIY a fix and B) so I don't get taken for a ride by the garage. 

Hi, just be careful getting an OBD connected - I had that 3 weeks ago and the result is the VSA warning light is now showing on the dash !! No faults are showing with my system and if you go on youtube this seems to have been the case with a number of cars - the OBD connection can apparently trigger this ( sometimes also the ABS light also) so just a warning, don`t know what the answer is or if there is an alternative way to diagnose the problem, sorry I can`t be more help, hopefully someone on the forum can be of assistance.