Lost keys

Hi a strange one here but I can’t find my key anywhere, I’ve had the house upside down. Could it be in my boot? It’s locked but I thought all the doors had to be closed for it to lock? Is it possible I have pressed lock on the key while the boot was open getting my stuff and left it in there when closing the boot? I’m baffled

1 hour ago, Blueboy1827 said:

Hi a strange one here but I can’t find my key anywhere, I’ve had the house upside down. Could it be in my boot? It’s locked but I thought all the doors had to be closed for it to lock? Is it possible I have pressed lock on the key while the boot was open getting my stuff and left it in there when closing the boot? I’m baffled

1 hour ago, Blueboy1827 said:

Just to add it’s a 63 plate civic