Honda Jazz 2006 1.4 Petrol Clutch /gearchange

kiwiflyer

I am glad I found this Honda club so thanks for letting me Join

I have had my Honda Jazz for a couple of years and happy with it.

I had a big problem at first with constant water getting in to the boot and passengers floor well but after putting silicon sealer in every possible join, the problem is now solved.

However, the manual gear change has been a problem.

Changing gear is difficult to get in any gear. was very difficult in the really hot weather.

So thinking it could be the clutch I started looking for a reliable garage to get it changed, but today, on my way out I noticed the gear change was easy peasy no drag at all, 

I haven't used the car for over a week, so wondered if it could be that the gearbox oil is too thin especially after it gets hot, so maybe not the clutch at all just oil getting too thin.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Many thanks.

John Edwards

Hi John....welcome to the Club

Where was the water leak finally tracked down to out of interest?

As regards the clutch, this could be a situation of the driven plate starting to stick to the pressure plate or flywheel if it has been sat around for a while>
I have known this recently with cars that have driven through water and this has lead to adhesion (stiction) of the friction lining surfaces.

To the point where the clutch has stuck completely and had to be freed off for the gears to select.

It will usually clear with normal driving and once the plate has cleaned up a bit