Honda FR-V Diesel 2009 electric issue

Attila

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member of the forum and I am struggling to find out the real reason of an electrical issue with my FR-V.
Long story short, the remote central locking block got broken about a year ago, I was told it was worth to use the key only to lock-unlock the car as fixing the block would cost an arm and a leg.
There was a deadlock in the doors a few month ago that has been fixed by replacing the 10A door lock fuse (fuse number 22 in the passanger room) with a 15A one. The doorlocks sometimes turn on or off randomly without using the car key. That happens when I unlock the door but sometimes when driving. Since yesterday, if I unlock the door, the alarm goes off and stops only if I detach the system from the battery for 5-10 s, and from that point on, there is no issue unless I lock the car again. I found that it is more likely to have this issue if the air is humid or the weather is rainy.

What I've done so far:
  • checked the door lock actuators, they look fine (I couldn't check the driver door actuator as I use the key to unlock the door, just assume it's okay) 
  • removed every dust and rust from the battery terminals;
  • made sure that the negative terminal of the battery is securely attached the the car body and checked the continuity.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any wiring diagrams.
If you have ever had similar issue or know how to fix it, please share with me. Every comment is highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Sounds like a short circuit somewhere perhaps caused by a faulty circuit board/control unit.

Sorry I have no practical advice as to how you might go about hunting down the root cause. Maybe you can temporarily bypass the circuits for one door at a time to see if it's possible to isolate the problem to a single door. Though again no idea how you might do this and i''m not sure it would help if the fault is located somewhere more central.

One thing I can tell you about the alarm system is under normal circumstances it will only engage if all the doors are locked - and the car has been locked with the key rather than the locking handle inside the car. So if the alarm is going off that must mean that the electronic unit that controls the alarm is getting the signal that all doors are closed and locked.

If the indicator lights flash three times it means that all doors are locked (or so the control unit thinks) and the alarm is engaged.