CRV Wont start

KIDDYEVERTONIAN

Hi I have a 2014 1.6 Diesel CRV 50K miles which wont start, when you unlock the car and get in put the key in the ignition and turn it on all the warning lights come up on the dashboard and after a couple of  seconds the LCD display in the speedo starts displaying the the tyre deflation warning (at the same time an audible warning is sounding) for about three seconds then the auto stop start warning indicator starts flashing in its place. If you then try and start the car it just cranks over and over but it will not start at all!!?? Any ideas please??!!

Almost 100% sure the battery condition is poor, probably good enough to start the engine but failing on all the other high consumption ancillary items, such as stop/start

Take it to Halfords for a battery test (high discharge test) and if necessary replace with a quality battery they should be able to provide

• 2 weeks later...
Trevor
This post was recognized by Trevor!

KIDDYEVERTONIAN was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 35 points.

HI to anyone that sees the post regards my CRV not starting the problem is now resolved. It turned out to be a faulty fuse box / relay located behind the glove box cavity under the dashboard. Parts are now ordered so car will be running as normal in a couple of days!!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I had my first breakdown in 35 years yesterday. 

I drove a 8 mile trip with the usual auto start stop warning on despite battery is only 2yrs old. I went into a shop came out pushed the button it struggled to turn over. After a few attempts battery had barley enough tp power the lights.

My missus came out and we tried jump leads from her Jazz.  Not much to do, I borrowed her car and went to Halfords. I showed them battery receipt 2yrs and a few days old 700 cranking amps.  Told them the storey and ashed to borrow a booster starter.  They obliged and gave me a N0C0 Boost HD 2000a unit.  I went back to my car connected it but it just turned over slowly. I the hit the extra power button and it fired up.  We tested to charging at idling voltage 14.4V so we knew it should have been charging fine.  Battery tester said all good but this last week I've done 204 miles with just 2 short 4 mile trips to the shops. Even though the fella said unit was showing in good condition 470cA it might be dodgy.

I've not been out today to test it but will be getting a new battery on guarantee when I do.