Intermitent electric problems

Pete6854

I have bought an automatic civic 5 door 1.8 i-VTEC SE registered 30.03/2011. Since owning this car it was unable to start after 20 minutes of having the ignition on whilst checking the dashboard with the manual. Yet when I tried again 10 minutes later it started first time. Next the remote could not activate the lock to allow entry so I had to use the key. Then the radio decided to refuse to work and defaulted to AUX but it would not turn on and none of the buttons worked. Yet 4 days later it worked fine. The following day the remote unlocked the door but the radio is not working again.

I contacted a Honda dealer who said it was a battery problem and I might have 1 or 2 dead cells causing the different faults. I do not want to pay £70 for a new battery if this is not the problem. Has anyone had the same or similar problem. I would be eternally grateful if I could resolve this.

Thanks.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

I would agree that it is probably a battery fault and worth a visit to Halfords to have it checked and replaced if necessary

However as b4u2 has mentioned if you have only just bought the car through a trader then you should go back to them for reimbursement of the cost to replace the battery. Not so sure you could pursue costs through a private sale though