Battery light

Steve McKaos

Hi had my 2001 2.0l stream for 13years and still like it

I had to replace the alternator last month with aftermarket Lucas which cured the battery drain problem but since then I've had the battery warning light constantly on when running, even though it's working efficiently without any scanned faults 

Anyone had similar scenario??

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, Trevor said:

sounds like a defective alternator or the wiring is the fault?

If it wasn't charging I'd suspect a fault I've double checked all my connections and relays/fuses etc still in daily use, my workmates typeR civic has the same fault and he had his fitted twice by his local garage and had the ECU sent away for diagnostic analysis and no faults found  

The only time I have experienced something like this before was when I replaced an alternator many years ago and baffled me as to why the battery light stayed on at idle speed.

Simple answer was wrong size pulley and the alternator wasn't spinning enough speed at idle to switch the regulator to charge.

9 hours ago, Trevor said:

The only time I have experienced something like this before was when I replaced an alternator many years ago and baffled me as to why the battery light stayed on at idle speed.

Simple answer was wrong size pulley and the alternator wasn't spinning enough speed at idle to switch the regulator to charge.

Thanks for the feedback 😊