Comfort Ride Tyres

Hi Members, its a long Shot probably, but does any Member know which Tyres can offer a comfortable ride on my 4 X 4 1997cc CRV Exec , Not lookinking at Michelin or the expensive makes , maybe a middle range price tyre, with our roads in such a shocking state, I thought a softer make of tyre would give a more pleasant comfortable ride.

All replies would be appreciated

Many Thanks

BAZZER RN 1

Evening Bazzer; I suspect you'll only ever find a marginal comfort difference and there'll be a trade off, longevity or grip, possibly both. FWW my CRV came with virtually new Goodyeaar Efficient Grips. They never impressed, especially in the wet, and the first time I drove in snow was enough for me to get rid of them prematurely. I chose Continental All Season Contacts; not cheap but at about £250 more for four than the cheapest cheap and nasties, not that much for improved braking, steering, handling, etc. Mine have clocked up about 20k and still have plenty of life left in them. If there's a false economy, it's cheap tyres!

Many thanks for your reply, I will check out the Continental Tyres you mentioned , I had some really good tyres fitted to my Mercedes e320 cdi which gave a really comfortable ride and good mileage but cant remember which tyres they were I had fitted as it was some while ago, I dont think they were a premium brand tyre ,will have a think on this.

Thanks again for your reply my Friend and will post if I find any that can offer what I need to maybe help others.

BAZZER RN 1