Car pulling to the left

Zain

Hello Everyone,

I have had an interesting, but annoying issue and was hoping if someone could held shed light on it.

For the last 2 months, my CRV has been drifting to the left when the steering wheel is perfectly straight. I am not sure what caused it (I dont remember hitting a speed bump or kerb heavy).

Here are some things I have had done, in this order, but with no success:

1. Had a 4 wheel alignment done twice at Kwickfit. They suggested it may be a steering rack isssue, but I did not take this any further as of yet - No change in steering issue
  2. Had both front wheels/tyres swapped over - No change in steering issue
  3. I had three of the tyres changed for brand new ones (front right and back two). The front left was only six months old - No change in steering issue
  4. Took it to Honda and they had a look (inc suspension, steering rack etc) but could not find any issue. They also pumped up all the tyres to the same level and did their own 4 wheel alignment - No change in steering issue

I am thinking that could it possibly be some kind of steering wheel calibration that needs to be done? Not sure why it would go 'out' of calibration.

Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zain ... welcome to the Club

I had this issue on my 2007 CR-V and it was the rear suspension that needed adjustment to rectify the pulling.

The natural camber of the road is that it pulls to the left and got annoying to have to hold the wheel with my thumb constantly resting on the steering wheel.

With some adjustments to the rear Toe, the issue was sorted. 
The rear suspension arms have some adjustment bolts (from memory you loosen the outer nut and adjust the inner bolt to alter the Toe

The trick is to adjust the rear suspension before the front, most garages just make adjustments from the front and this accentuates the pulling even more so.

Do you have any printouts from the previous alignments which you can post up so I can look at the figures?

On 4/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, Trevor said:

Hi Zain ... welcome to the Club

I had this issue on my 2007 CR-V and it was the rear suspension that needed adjustment to rectify the pulling.

The natural camber of the road is that it pulls to the left and got annoying to have to hold the wheel with my thumb constantly resting on the steering wheel.

With some adjustments to the rear Toe, the issue was sorted. 
The rear suspension arms have some adjustment bolts (from memory you loosen the outer nut and adjust the inner bolt to alter the Toe

The trick is to adjust the rear suspension before the front, most garages just make adjustments from the front and this accentuates the pulling even more so.

Do you have any printouts from the previous alignments which you can post up so I can look at the figures?

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply, much appriciated. That does sound interesting.

Here is the reprot from Honda once they were done with the alignment.

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-27 at 9.44.36 AM.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...