What is the best car you have ever driven?

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

I really liked my old X reg Honda Prelude. Absolute dream of a car to drive, and did everything I wanted it to do right up until the time the valves dropped

I also like my Honda Civic Sport - nippy little thing

One of my friends in Bulgaria has a Honda Accord that's been very highly tuned and has so many engine mods it's unbelievable. I took that out for a drive in Sofia one night, and that really did shift. Wow - the power of that beast!!! He uses it for racing, and it sticks to the road as if it's on rails - the power was so smooth too

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 12:46 AM, Taz said:

I really liked my old X reg Honda Prelude. Absolute dream of a car to drive, and did everything I wanted it to do right up until the time the valves dropped

I also like my Honda Civic Sport - nippy little thing

One of my friends in Bulgaria has a Honda Accord that's been very highly tuned and has so many engine mods it's unbelievable. I took that out for a drive in Sofia one night, and that really did shift. Wow - the power of that beast!!! He uses it for racing, and it sticks to the road as if it's on rails - the power was so smooth too

The early Honda's were really going in the right direction but sadly the latter cars are not so tuneable

On 6/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Baz said:

the best car i have  driven was my Broadspeed bullit 3lt Capri  built by Ralph Broad wish i still had that it would be worth a few quid now.

Now you're talking Baz .....had a mk1  3.0litre  GXL facelift and also a mk2 Cortina 3.0 litre Savage .....both of which I wished I still had 😞

Got any photos of the Capri?

sorry dont have any pics but it was in daytona yellow with black bonnet and wing tops now we are talking 1972 ish 0- 60 6.2sec 132mph flat out on the standard engine balanced and blue printed  re-jetted carb lowed and uprated suspension flattened rear springs bot could that thing corner or what when i worked for a lotus dealer before i bought the capri it was in the line up for sale a chap came in one day looking at the cars bragging about his E Type our boss said i've got something to beat that  the guy laughed when he saw it so they lined up side by side on the lane the capri left him standing and was gone, will never forget that so i traded my Scimitar 3ltr GTE in and bought it, i could go on about another car i modified that left the plod standing lol

• Like 1

I had the same colour scheme on my Capri.....going for the RS3100 lookalike 🙂

I can well imagine your Broadspeed version was 'proverbial off the shovel' and can well imagine it would out-perform the E-Type as it comes down to power to weight ratio and the Jag was a heavy car in the day.

Would love to hear about the other cars as well?