FR-V Suspension Arm sizes - 1.8 ES

Alzy1983

Hi guys, 

I've been having trouble with fitting a ball joint to a new suspension arm on the NSF of my 1.8 ES. I bought the part from Eurocarparts as I needed it quickly due to being driving to Wales the next day. However after some serious play in the steering, I thought it was a cheap and nasty ball joint so bought another. Same thing again.....I then looked at the wheel bearing and hub, and upon removal of the knuckle and the suspension arm (while they were still connected by the ball joint), I realise that the ball joint is too small for the bore hole in the suspension arm! The "fitment details" tab on Eurocarparts website doesnt say anything other than "Honda FR-V Front Axle Lower", but DOES list 2 suspension arms at different prices. After some back and forward emails, they are telling me that the arm I bought is for the 2.2 diesel. Is there really any difference in them? Information I've found online is conflicting at best. If so, if I bought a ball joint for a 2.2 diesel, would that fit and be ok on my 1.8 petrol? Everything else goes together just fine. TIA

bj1.jpg

bj2.jpg

bj3.png