Thinking of buying a new Honda Jazz EX Hybrid...?

AlfK

Hello people,

I am thinking of buying the Honda Jazz EX Hybrid (to replace my 2020 Yaris Hybrid) and would appreciate current Jazz owner's/user's comments on the following main points for comparison with my present vehicle a 2020 Launch Edition Yaris Mark4:

- Build quality, especially in relation to any niggling squeaks or rattles emminating from any dashboard, doors or similar interior fittings.......the main reason that I am falling out of love with my Yaris is down to poor build quality of the interior meaning virtually everytime I get into it there seems to be a new 'noise' to annoy me!!...😥🤬

- Overall quietness whilst driving normally i.e. within the speed limits over town, country & motorway surfaces.

- MPG likely to get with a Jazz, which is where I am very satisfied with my Yaris @ around 60-70 mpg.

- I like my 'tech' so that is why I am considering the EX variant to get all of the 'Tech' that my Yaris has (EX even has the side cross traffic alert my Yaris was sold to me as having - but which when delivered Toyota said was not available for my Launch Edition🥵...)

- Reliability (which is renowned, I believe, for Honda vehicles?).

Many thanks for all the responses I am hoping to get.

AlfK.

My Jazz EX Hybrid has so far been faultless and is giving an average of 64mpg on mainly rural roads. No rattles or squeaks and the build quality seems top notch. My only slight niggles are with the very very slow start up of the touchscreen and the headlights seem to be on far too long on the Auto setting.

Thanks for the reply.... Sounds reassuringly good, so shouldn't notice any mpg difference then & have similar experience of my Yaris's auto lights on when I feel not necessary, which I already 'put up with' .... Your build quality is a big +ve comment👍😎😊

Regards

AlfK

• 5 months later...

I recently changed my brand new 2022 Yaris for the Honda Jazz ex for the same reasons as you Alf. So far the Jazz far outshines the Yaris. So much space, beautiful drive, no annoying noises and a far superior build to the Yaris. I think the touchscreen takes a bit of time to come on sometimes if the car isn't being driven very often, maybe it's to save battery, who knows, anyway it doesn't happen too often. I've not noticed anything with the auto headlights staying on too long. All in all I'm glad I changed.

Thank you Annabel for your thoughts on your journey from Yaris to Jazz....sounds was a smart move for you 🤗.

I have not taken the plunge yet, and have been soldiering on with the Yaris (attempting to quell the many dashboard noises as they happen 😱) mainly because my family love the look of the Yaris over the Honda🤔😲