Cabin Pressure Dropping

Dan223

Hi all,

I have just joined the HR-V club with a 69 plate 1.5 turbo sport model. I love it but have one small concern which is when I'm driving along after a few minutes it starts to feel like my ears are about to pop (like when on a plane) which I can only assume is down to a pressure in the cabin which is strange as it shouldn't be that sealed to hold low pressure.

I've currently checked the following and none of which have made a difference to the issue:

AC on or off

Fans on recirculate or fresh air

Pollen filter in or out (however I have noticed the pollen filter cover is damaged)

High or low speeds

Rear body vents both free and clear

Rear rubber boot tray in or out

Rear seats folded up or down

All door and tailgate rubber stops adjusted in and out

Rubber floot mats in or out

The only way to stop it currently is to have the windows open which isn't really a fix. As you can tell I'm starting to clutch at straws a bit with some of my current guesses but Im struggling to think of anything else. If anyone has had this issue before (or on any vehicle at this point) or has any other ideas however random please let me know as I need all the help I can get. My local Honda garage has said they've never heard of such a problem but it's certainly there.

Thanks in advance 🙂