Water in boot MK4 CRV

Rock4547

Hi.

I am hoping someone can shed some light on possible areas to check as I'm running out of ideas with water ingress into the boot space and collecting in spare wheel area. I've had roof rails off, rear lights out, rear bumper and towbar off. Cleaned all gutters and seals. Reapplied tiger seal to all factory seam culk and checked for visible holes. Siliconed every rubber grommet and screw/bolt hole and it is still tracking in somewhere. Car is stationary and will leak in. Even checked and cleaned rear arches, removing liners and cleaning inspecting all seams. Pretty much at a loss. Boot space door seal is not deformed and is not drawing in water via capillary action. Picture shows boot and area of welded section it is running into and then dripping slowly out of. Second picture shows area of its exiting from and you can just see a small drip.Anyone got any ideas. All help very much appreciated.

PXL_20231025_075412378~2.jpg

PXL_20231025_075429510~2.jpg

• 2 months later...

On 10/25/2023 at 9:16 AM, Rock4547 said:

Hi.

I am hoping someone can shed some light on possible areas to check as I'm running out of ideas with water ingress into the boot space and collecting in spare wheel area. I've had roof rails off, rear lights out, rear bumper and towbar off. Cleaned all gutters and seals. Reapplied tiger seal to all factory seam culk and checked for visible holes. Siliconed every rubber grommet and screw/bolt hole and it is still tracking in somewhere. Car is stationary and will leak in. Even checked and cleaned rear arches, removing liners and cleaning inspecting all seams. Pretty much at a loss. Boot space door seal is not deformed and is not drawing in water via capillary action. Picture shows boot and area of welded section it is running into and then dripping slowly out of. Second picture shows area of its exiting from and you can just see a small drip.Anyone got any ideas. All help very much appreciated.

PXL_20231025_075412378~2.jpg

PXL_20231025_075429510~2.jpg

I have had the same issue for Months. I have done all the items you have mentioned & spent tens of hours trying to resolve it. I have even purchased a genuine OEM hatch seal & still it leaked.

It turns out that when you remove the seal & expose the edge of  the inner  & outer panels there are Gaps between these. 

I have run a small bead of Seam sealer to seal these gaps around the perimeter & smoothed off with my finger. I then installed the gasket again.

No leaks so far....even with thus constant rain we are having. 

IT is worth noting that the panels where they are joined vary in thickness around the perimeter. 

To make sure the seal when refitted was a snug fit  it's best to compress the seal & close the gap (recess) that knocks on to the panels.

This does ensure a snug fit.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...