Train noise after service, 2022 HRV - Fram oil filter used.

Jim E

My HRV was recently Serviced by local Arnold Clark garage that I’d bought it from who assured me that although they were not Honda main dealers ( their Honda place is miles away) all work would be Honda approved and Warranty compliant, so I included a service plan when buying.

Picked the car up and it sounds like a freight train.

Arnold Clark garage say basically “ nothing to do with us Guv, we used approved oil and filter, take it to a main dealer “

called the Arnold Clark Honda folk ( at the start of July) and they said “Earliest we can look at car is 11/9/2024, if you want it done before then take it to another Honda Dealership”

Took it to another independent Honda dealership, they say it could be the oil and filter used that’s the issue as uncle Arnold’s lads used “Fram” filter rather than Honda and that Honda would probably reject warranty as non manufacturer parts used.

Raised this with Arnold Clark who say “ all parts are E.U. O.E. Licensed and warranty should apply.

Have been trying to get a “Yes/ No “ answer from Honda U.K. ( strangely I seem to be  dealing with Poland ?)  to no avail.

Does anybody know if Honda accept “after market” Fram Filters under the Honda Warranty?

Does anyone have a U.K. number for Honda - the 8000 number takes me to Poland?

Anybody experienced this kind of top end racket before following service?
Am loath to go to the Independent in case the warranty won’t apply and/  or the noise is down to non warranty cock-up.

Adding insult to injury, the Independent Dealership tells me the car has a five year warranty and service package in place so I was mis-sold the Arnold Clark product!