My first adventure into BEV cars........

Good afternoon and greetings to all from sunny Shropshire.

I am at the start of my BEV adventure, having placed my order for an NY1 Advance yesterday, so the learning begins, what charger, tethered or untethered, where to site (inside or outside garage) etc.........

any hints, tips or suggestions will be very welcome from those who haven trodden this road before me.
In the meantime I await to hear the actual delivery date of my shiny new vehicle. I will happily post pics and first impressions after it's delivery.

This is not my first Honda, more a return to the fold, but my wife has had a succession of the Jazz model over the past 20 years - she currently has a Crosstar hybrid.

• Like 1

Hi David, I ordered my eny1 advance about three weeks ago via the new online ordering portal, with the assistance of my dealer. I’m assuming it was the same method as yourself?

I have zero experience of electric vehicles and picking a charger was a bit problematic. I started off with my energy provider Scottish Power however they were horrendous to deal with so I cancelled and eventually received a refund before going with a local firm electropoint.

it was a much easier process and after advice I opted for an easee one untethered charger. Honestly don’t know if untethered is the best option but it will be fitted in a couple of weeks time. I’m having it fitted on outside wall beside my garage and hadn’t really considered inside the garage but will now consider this.

As an aside I believe all of the recently ordered cars are in the country and the only delay is the 45 day cooling off period which is part of the conditions with online ordering.