Road noise

Hi all.

Just purchased a 2019 CRV hybrid and one thing which I've noticed is what seems like a fair amount of road/tyre noise, is that typical?

My car has Bridgestone Dueler tyres all round, I don't think I've read that these are particularly noisy. Don't think it's CVT noise and I can hear it when the car is cruising and in EV mode.

I've also been struggling a little with the audio system - took me a while to work out how to configure the DAB radio presets and the user manual was no use at all.

Other than that impressions are good - lots of space, decent quality, nice looks etc.

Hi, I have a 2022 crv hybrid with the same tyres. It has covered 26000 miles and they are now certainly noisy but are about to be replaced.  Prior to purchasing this car I test drove another crv hybrid and it was noticeably quieter over the same road at the similar speeds. Just wish I had made a note of the tyres that were fitted.

I dont think its typical as the cars do seem to have good road noise supression. I have used Davanti tyres on other cars in the past and they ran quiet and had good wear rates.

I've been struggling to fettle the audio when using Google maps and attempting to listen to a DAB broadcast, it reverts back to the Honda navigation (Garmin) which does not have the best features. Its just a bugbear and no doubt it can be overcome, it'll keep me amused for a while.

LIke you I am impressed with the space, comfort and quality. There have been a couple of incidents where after being left parked up for a couple of weeks the vehicle battery did not have enough charge to let me start the car, but had enough to fire up the lights inside and out, illuminate the dashboard and sound the chimes and that was annoying and inconvenient.

• 2 months later...