Another Jazz Hybrid owner

Hi forum members, just popping into the New Member Introductions to say hello. I have just rejoined the Honda fold, in the past my wife and I have owned 2 other Hondas between us. This time we have bought a nearly new Jazz ex demonstrator a "mid range" SR model. Only had it less than a week but so far very pleased. As has been suggested in other posts it certainly is full of electrical cleverness - the interface between the electric and petrol motors being particularly fascinating. I'm less sure about some of the "safety" functions, initial experience has revealed limitations, and I wonder why a competent driver might need them . Nevertheless amazed at how technology has advanced since I bought my previous new car 8 years ago. Hope to meet some of you in the forum.

Hi Charles...welcome to the Club

Glad you are happy with your new Honda

As you say, there is a vast variety of clever functions throughout the vehicle.

Some of which is selectable and others are passive but either way it definitely enhances safety and driver convenience.

Good to have you onboard!

• Thanks 1

Hi Neil,

Thank you, I am enjoying our Jazz. We had a much older model (2004) some years ago now and I am glad that it has retained it’s Tardis like interior space, with lots of improvements. The plethora of safety features are quite astounding to someone who hadn’t bought a car for nearly 8 years. Perhaps you can explain something to me. The Road Departure Mitigation System and the Lane Keeping Assist System, seem to work in a similar way using the forward facing camera and interacting with the steering, but one is always on and the other has to be selected. What is the fundamental difference?

http://Hi Charles

As you may have seen, I bought a 'nearly new' Jazz SE, and I agree the amount of safety / gadgets is amazing.

I still twitch when the 'Lane Departure' alarm activates, but I find the parking sensors, and reversing sensors are really good.

I guess when you have been driving older model cars with not so much 'tec' it takes a time to get into !!

I have not yet figured out how the 'Slow follow' thing works ?

Any suggestions ? 

Neil, The lane departure thing quickly drove me nuts, especially driving along fairly narrow bendy roads. Unfortunately you cannot switch it off permanently, you can temporarily but it comes back next time you start up. However, I did manage to change the setting to “delayed” which makes it far less sensitive.  Re the slow follow I think that comes with the intelligent cruse control, so if you have set the speed to 70 mph on a motorway but get hemmed in behind a truck doing 50 it slows down without you having to brake - I think. I haven’t tried it yet, I don’t use cruise control much.