New Member Bentec - I need compliance advice Jap import prelude please

Bentec

Hi there, just joined group.

I own a Japanese import Honda Prelude 4th Gen 2.2 VTEC  for past 7 years. Very cool car. Doen loads of work on it and now pretty good condition. 

Honda UK suggested that I joined club. Should have done it ages ago. Not being used to these forums I may need some instructions how to use. Nice to meet you all. 

I need help because my car  is a Jap  import so   there  is no emission data on it - As a consequence Transport for London cannot decide if it is ULEZ compliant or not. Honda UK say that if I get a chassis number and number plate of any 2.2 VTEC compliant car they can make a comparison judgement and send me a compliance certificate. I have attached the letter/email Honda have sent to me. If someone could help me out would be great. Thanks 

HONDA UK Info

Sep 8, 2021, 10:31 AM (6 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Ben
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Hughes,

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).

I am afraid this is not something we can provide you with.

We can only check emission details for specific vehicles.

If you were to obtain permission from the owner of a vehicle that meets this criteria and was meant for and sold on the UK market and provide us with a registration or VIN we would be able to check the emissions for it and provide those to you.

Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Andriyan  Penchev

Honda Customer Service

Honda Motor Europe Ltd.

Honda UK

www.honda.co.uk

Ben's Honda 4.JPG

CAS-954135_ Honda UK CRM_0567003228 - benhughes777@gmail.com - Gmail.html

Edited by Bentec
email download from Honda does not work.

I run an old BMW Z3 and according to the ULEZ government site I can run this around the ULEZ zones in most cities as the restrictions seem to apply to Vans, Lorries, etc.

Posted this below: if you put your registration in with the site then it asks if it is UK registered (which it is) and this is the result