Brake Switch Replacement - No Brake Lights

Anomnomnomaly

Recently I've had an issue where the VSA warning would come up in the info panel, as I was braking.  It would clear if I cycled the ignition off/on.

It happened again the other day, so I was and plug in my reader. It flagged up a faulty brake switch.

So I ordered a replacement switch that arrived today.... and swapped them over.

Now I have no brake lights at all... I've double, triple checked everything. Run diagnostics, checked live data feed... the switch is showing no activity when pressed. I checked fuses to see if one had blown... found nothing again.

So I plugged in the old switch that whilst giving intermittent fault... was still working.... nope... now that's not working at all either.

I'm sure that it's something I've done wrong... but I follwed instructions to the letter, unplugged the switch, removed the switch, removed the fitting, installed new fitting, pushed new switch in until the plunger is depressed against the stop... plugged in the switch and tested.

I've been fiddling with this for about 2hrs now, trying to figure out what's wrong... and I'm stumped... and now have no brake lights at all... every other light works fine... it's not a bulb as both brake and spoiler brake light won't come on.

I really need some help here.