Civic Tourer SatNav

Hi, I have a 2014 Civic Tourer SRi Diesel, which I love incidentally. In 2015 Honda decided to change the SatNav/radio/rear view camera monitor unit, which I believe was made by a company called Atlas, changing to a Garmin model. I can no longer get map & software updates for the SatNav and recently I haven't been able to get dynamic traffic info updates rendering the unit next to useless. Honda can't do anything for me! I imagine this is the same for all similar owners in my situation but has anyone had a replacement fitted in-dash that can utilise the functions of the car when it was new, ie: radio, SatNav, rear view camera? Thanks in anticipation.

PS, for anyone who's interested I've had a tuning box fitted made by TDI of Chelmsford and it works a treat, I get much lower fuel consumption if on a lower setting and if on the higher setting (1 through 7) the performance is quicker and smoother with no lag, thoroughly recommend.

• Like 1

You could see what IceBox Autos have on offer for your car

https://www.iceboxauto.com/iba-honda-entertainment-systems#/specFilters=2!#-!468!-#!1!#-!19

By far way better than the original Honda equipment fitted as standard and more updatable at no (or little) cost

The TDI tuning boxes work very well and used one on my CR-V to great effect, can also highly recommend them

• 9 months later...
On 7/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, Alex Saward said:

Hi, I have a 2014 Civic Tourer SRi Diesel, which I love incidentally. In 2015 Honda decided to change the SatNav/radio/rear view camera monitor unit, which I believe was made by a company called Atlas, changing to a Garmin model. I can no longer get map & software updates for the SatNav and recently I haven't been able to get dynamic traffic info updates rendering the unit next to useless. Honda can't do anything for me! I imagine this is the same for all similar owners in my situation but has anyone had a replacement fitted in-dash that can utilise the functions of the car when it was new, ie: radio, SatNav, rear view camera? Thanks in anticipation.

PS, for anyone who's interested I've had a tuning box fitted made by TDI of Chelmsford and it works a treat, I get much lower fuel consumption if on a lower setting and if on the higher setting (1 through 7) the performance is quicker and smoother with no lag, thoroughly recommend.

I was thinking of buying a Civic 2015 estate but then noted the following problems.

1         Fitted with Garmin Sat nav system. Could not find if the system could still be updated, suspect not.

2         Fitted with DAB radio, not DAB+. Would need a completely new radio system to get DAB+stations (Quoted £750 approx)

3        Were not sure if the latest mobile hands free phone systems are still compatible with the system fitted to the car.

Has anybody got any information on the above?