Sometimes engine temperature goes very high in the gauge

Greetings all,

Sometimes the engine temperature goes very high in the gauge. One day I did a test that consisted in:

1. I immediately stop the car and shut it off when the temperature when almost on maximum/top range.

2. Disconect the battery and connect again

3. Then start the car and keep back driving normally (at the moment I start the ignition the temperature shows at normal level)

So I know that when the engine really gets to such high temperature it takes time to cold down.

What do you think of this test? What could be the issue and what kind of other tests do you suggest before I start to buy material?

Rgds,

KS

It might be the Coolant Temperature Sensor causing your problem. I had a similar problem with my CRV ,I changed both Sensors and cured the overheating problem, Give it a go, the Sensors are are expensive and relatively easy to install.

Let us know if this does fix it and also check the Radiator Thermostat as well which might be best to check first as its easier to replace, Do Not remove the Radiator Cap when the engine is Hot

Best Wishes

BAZZER RN 1

Thanks Bazzer, I will check the Thermostat and then will change the sensors if needed.

For the sensors I searched and seems we have the coolant temperature sensor (ECT sensor) and the sending unit. For the sensor I can find it to buy but for the sending unit I cannot find it, maybe I'm searching wrongly... Do you know any reference for it?

th?id=OIP.NTGlIP_uJuOdTuJOgHcFTwHaFL%26p

Rgds

I think you may have to contact a Honda Main Dealer for the Sensor info, I would definitely change out the Radiator Thermostat first and see if the overheating problem is cured before changing the Sensors, that is the way I would do it

Best Wishes

BAZZER RN 1