Replace radio

dedmans

Hallo everyone!

I am new here and don't know who is out there!

Just bought a nice CRV Sport and everything is fine except the radio seems to be the basic model with no sat nav and if it has a changer other than the interface I have not seen it.

For a car registered in 2007 this kit is a bit basic and I wondered if anyone knows of a product from here or China that is a good replacement for this model. Bluetooth and sat nav would be nice but I have a Tom Tom so the latter is less important.

Thanks in advance.

Julian

Hi Julian.....welcome to the Forum

I have a 2007 model CRV and it has the upgraded head unit with SatNav but saying that it is not much use with respect to technology compared to what is available in the aftermarket.

I have considered changing it to a double-din unit, either X-Trons or even better a Japanese unit (Sony, Panasonic, etc)....far better technology and functionality with SatNav and other features, handsfree phone calls, Bluetooth other devices, WiFi, etc.

Here's a link to a company that provides aftermarket solutions:  http://www.iceboxauto.com/honda

Let us know how you get on with this issue and if you do replace with an aftermarket unit then let us know which one you go for.

Cheer .   Trevor