Civic Headlights

Thinking about a 2012 Civic automatic. A couple of queries:- What are the headlights like. It may seem an odd question but on some cars the later LED or HID units are so much better than Halogen bulbs. Are Civic Halogen, LED or HID?  Also are there any issues or problems with the auto boxes? I would also like some of the modern safety features such as Autonomous Emergency Braking but I am bnot sure which Hondas have that and what year that was introduced?

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I'm not too sure about some of the queries but reliability of Honda transmissions is not an issue, not heard of anything really going wrong with them if maintained correctly.

You could not get autonomous breaking on a 2012 model but there may be the option for Adaptive Cruise control with distance settings which is similar in operation but may not give lane guidance or other features of an autonomous emergency breaking system.

Headlamps, you should be able to get some vehicles that had the option of Xenons fitted but believe it was more of a personal specification when ordered from new.

Let us know how you get on with finding the car you want