Noobie engine parts question

Spendyrx

I was just wondering if the parts from a standard civic can be used on a type r engine! I am very new to honda, I've never owned one before but have done a timing belt change on a mates 52 plate 2 door coupe a little while ago!

Basically I have a k20 a2 on the way to go into my fd, I'm trying to keep the costs down a little so I've picked up a low compression block. 

I'll be needing things like alternator, throttle body inlets and things like that and was just wondering if parts like this are interchangeable with standard civics. At least I can go buy a mot failed 1600 civic for pennies and salvage some parts from it if need be.

Any bit of knowledge will be helpful. Cheers.

Hi....welcome to the Forum

Most of the anciliary parts such as alternators would be the same spec for Type R (check for output and also type, Denso, Bosch, etc) and other stuff will be similar such as throttle housing but you would want to swap that out at some point for something more performance in the future.

Keep us updated on your progress, always nice to see a build occurring over time