CVT Transmission

AVC

Hello members,

I have a Honda Jazz 1.6 petrol with a CVT transmission. I have a slight judder when initially taking up the drive from rest. I'm leaning towards the multi-plate clutches or start clutch but I need to test it first. Does anyone know where I can source the transmission technical data from to compare oil pressure data please.

• 1 year later...

Hi the start judder is a common problem it's the start clutch , I changed the oil drove 500 miles and changed it again this fixed it but not for long , so I was told by a honda tech what they do is change the oil then do a clutch burn , car in gear brakes hard on and rev to 1500 for a second then do it again after second burn change oil again , I have never tried it and honda charge about £500 , but it will come back ,if you want the oil e bay is the cheapest for the genuine honda cvt oil , a start clutch kit is about £1600 then you need to get it fitted , my jazz had 110k on it but judder is not as bad as my wife's which only has 60k 

• 1 year later...

Just replace the CVT oil only with OEM Honda CVT-F. 

My Jazz is about to reach 200k km. I took it with juddering symptoms at 80k km. 

Judder appears usually after 3-4 years after oil change or 40-50k km range. I just change the oil and the magic happens again 🙂

Edited by FBogdan
  • Like 1